Common GM Diet Questions, FAQ’s & Tips
1) Can I have tea or coffee?
Herbal teas are fine. The only sweetener allowed is stevia. I will never recommend coffee, however if you do have it you can only have stevia in it.
2) What days can we eat the Wonder Soup?
You can eat the Wonder Soup on any of the 7 days when you are hungry. Never go hungry on this diet. Folks tend to have better results when they eat the soup.
3) Can I drink alcohol?
No alcohol during this plan! There are no redeeming health values to alcohol.
4) Can I eat at places like Subway or eat processed meats/foods?
No, never actually. Subway foods like most processed foods are full of toxic chemicals like dough conditioners in the bread, sulfites, msg, nitrates and phosphates in the meats, not to mention sugar and too much processed salt in the dressings. Run away from foods like this. The point of the GM Diet is to cut all processed foods.
5) How many bananas can we eat on day 4?
If you have read that 8 bananas are allowed, you are not following our plan but another plan. We do not help with other plans. This is the original GM Diet here. The answer is 4 regular size bananas, or of the 6 tiny bananas.
6) On day 4, can I have buttermilk or yogurt in stead of milk?
Yes, yogurt or buttermilk is a fine replacement as long as there is no sugar in the yogurt.
7) Can we have chapati, wheat, cereal, bread, etc?
No, this is a gluten free diet. Wheat is so bad for you. It has been genetically modified and over processed. It causes weight gain and other health issues. If you eat lots of wheat, you will likely not maintain your weight loss after the diet.
8) Can I have honey – lemon water in the morning?
No, you cannot have honey in your water. There is nothing healthy about this at all; you are essentially just drinking sugar water. You can have as much lemon in your water as you like though.
9) I am a vegetarian, what do I do instead of meat?
We have laid out two plans for vegetarians. Here are the links. Keep in mind whenever you replace meat, you need to make sure you have a little good fat in that dish. Example would be: olive oil, coconut oil, butter or ghee. Also if you have curd as a meat replacement, it will already contain some good fat.
10) Can I have salt, pepper, or spices?
Yes, you can have a normal amount of salt. Never over do it. However since you are drinking extra water on this plan, salt is very important. Even adding a dash in your water can be important if you are using the unprocessed form of salt. Sea salt or unprocessed salt is always the best option for salt. Pepper, herbs and spices are allowed. Try and enjoy your food.
11) Will I gain the weight back after the GM Diet?
Most diets are going to fail if you plan on returning back to an unhealthy lifestyle after the diet. Yes, you will likely gain your weight back if you go back to a poor eating plan. If you want to keep your weight off you must make a serious lifestyle change. Many people have underlying health issues such as thyroid problems, cortisol issues and so on. These health issues can hamper weight loss and cause weight gain. In order to try and maintain a healthy weight and lose more weight you must eat healthy!
12) Can I have dried fruits or nuts?
No, you cannot have dried fruits or nuts on this plan. Afterwards you can enjoy them in small quantities but you do have to limit these as they are very concentrated sources of food.
13) What do I eat after the GM diet?
This is a loaded question really. Here is what we have found by study and experience. Whether you are a meat eater, vegetarian or vegan, each meal must be balanced.
Eat 3 meals a day. Do not eat them all at once, spread them out. Each meal should have a protein, a good carb and plenty of vegetables. You can also have 2 to 3 servings of fruit a day. We never recommend wheat or bread. We prefer gluten free and even grain free. Whole foods are always best. Cut out processed foods completely if at all possible.
Good carbs/starches are white potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, squashes, white rice, taro root, plantains and celery root.
Also do not go fat free. You need good fat like animal fats found in good grass fed meats, ghee, olive oil and especially coconut oil.
14) Can I do the GM Diet continuously?
No, this is meant to be a weight loss kick starter. The GM Diet should not be a lifestyle. You can however do the diet again but you must wait at least two weeks, but preferably one month. In between that time eat healthy. Do not go back to your original way of dieting or eating.
- Can we add salt ngalic n ginger in chicken in gm deit
- gm mot
- utpala motors@yahoo com
- can i eat little brown rice and chicken on day 5 of gm deit
- i dont have celery so can i add dry powdered celery in gm wonder soup
- how much colory may i loose by eating only1 chapati nd 1bowl flakes per day
- i hv allergy with tomtoes if i used cooked tomtoes in my vegetable very less amount
- can we hav buttermilk after fruits
- if we regular one month take 2 time banana shake how much weight we gain
- faq about the gm diwt