Being vegetarian and GM Diet.
Going through a vegetarian GM diet can be difficult in the beginning. The most difficult part of the diet is the food variety. Most food items allowed on the General Motors diet will consist only of fruits, vegetables and brown rice. Unlike a regular GM diet plan that includes meat options such as beef mainly with the odd substitution with chicken, the vegetarian diet plan tends to be more restricted.
A simple tip for those planning a strict vegetarian GM Diet can start prepping their digestive systems a few weeks before starting the diet. This way your body will react better and you will be better prepared mentally and physically.
That said, the best way to get used to the vegetarian GM diet is to eat delicious fruit and vegetable meals. By the means of simple yet scrumptious recipes, going completely vegetarian becomes not only much easier to handle but at the same time a fulfilling challenge to win.
With that said, lets take a look at today’s recipe.
Tunisian Vegetable Couscous Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1 coarsely chopped yellow squash
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped red onion
- ½ cup nicely sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ sweet paprika smoked
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat, then add onions, zucchini, squash, and carrot. Stir the ingredients occasionally until onions become soft and translucent. Mix the red and yellow peppers and mushrooms, then cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth together with cardamom, paprika, cilantro and salt until mixture boils. Reduce the heat while adding the tomatoes and chickpeas. Slowly add the couscous while continuously stirring. Vegetables should remain tender.
- Cover pot and remove from heat. Let stand for five minutes then fluff couscous with fork.
- Serve with orange zest and paprika. Parmesan cheese can be added for extra flavor but try to avoid it. If you are a vegan then this does not become an option.
Simple, easy to prepare and tastes delicious. Another recipe to cut out and keep especially when you are on the GM Diet.