Salads are a great way to get into shape or to lose weight when you are on a diet. A salad that is both filling and tasty is what you need especially when you are trying to lose weight over extended periods of time. Indian salads are a great option to spice up your dinner and can end up being both nutritious and tasty.
This recipe easily serves 4 people
- 1 ½ cup sprouted moong dal
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup grated carrot(optional)
- 1 sliced orange (small pieces)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, adjust to taste
Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together. Keep aside. Take sprouted Moong Dal in a bowl. Add chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, oranges, cilantro and green chilies. Mix it well. It is now ready to serve. While serving, serve the salad and dressing separately.