One of the more popular food ingredients in a typical Indian cuisine in the Kosambari or also referred to as Kosumbri. Kosambari works perfectly in coming up with various Indian recipes that you can use when you are on the GM Diet.
- 1/4 cup Yellow Split Moong Dal (soaked for 3 hrs and drained).
- 1 medium Cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 medium Carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp Coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice(optional)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- Salt to taste
In a bowl take drained beans, cucumber, carrot, coriander, ginger, green chillies, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and serve cold. Make sure you add salt and lemon juice before serving. The salt and lemon will mask the bitter juices from the cucumber and carrot and avoid the bitter taste.